Monday, August 25, 2014

Trials Fusion Empire of the Sky



 Ubisoft Releases Empire of the Sky for Trials Fusion
  Originally Published on the Official Blast Away the Game Review Facebook Page
Written by Justin DeMaio - PSN ID: CorePuncher


    I almost named this article “Ubisoft Releases Another Controller-Smashing DLC” or “Ubisoft Releases Another DLC That’ll Make you Quit Gaming” but I decided against that. Ubisoft released another Trials Fusion map pack called “Empire of The Sky”. This is their 2nd of six playable downloadable content packs for Trials Fusion. Coming on the heels of “Riders of the Rustlands”, which was the first DLC released for Trials Fusion, “Empire of the Sky” is very similar in terms of layout and just as challenging, if not more. Some games you’re just good at and some games you’re not and I have concluded that I am just simply not good at Trials Fusion. I can get towards the tops of leaderboards on easier difficulty tracks but when it comes to the Hard and Extreme difficulty tracks, I fail and fail again. I’m sure Ubisoft had this in mind when designing these tracks but I just can’t believe that they wanted someone to fault 200 times and still not be able to get past a particular obstacle.  By the way, I did finally get past that one I’m referring to but trust me, there are plenty more to come and some that are way more difficult. Trials Fusion is a great game, don’t get me wrong, but I am either missing something or just not very good at the game, plain and simple. 
   You can pick up this latest DLC track pack (like that?) for $4.99 or for free if you’re a Season Pass holder. “Empire of the Sky” brings new tracks, challenges, editor objects, and trophies. The maps have more of a futuristic design; even one has limited gravity so you kind of float, which is very cool. In total, there are nine new tracks which include one Supercross track, one Skill Game, and one FMX track. Some of the new editor objects include anti-gravity technology, force fields, and floating platforms to help you create some mind-blowing tracks. User created tracks is one of Trials Fusion’s best features.
   While I can’t spend hours upon hours playing Trials Fusion before starting to go crazy, it’s still an excellent game to pick up maybe once or twice a week and play for a little bit. It’s a great change-of-pace game and I look forward to what new and exciting tracks and features that Ubisoft can bring to the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment